Friday, August 6, 2010

The Same EP








Engineer - Scattered Order
Produced by Scattered Order and the Same

I really don't know a terrible lot about this Sydney quintet, though the M Squared site sheds a little more light than I'm able to provide. I first heard this at Ian Wadley's flat in 1996 or so, and subsequently found this record in Sydney not long after. I have not seen one since.

Like other inner-city Sydney bands around 1982/3 (Wildlife Documentaries, Upsidedown House, Kill the King, etc) the Same display a slight Laughing Clowns influence - trebly thin guitars, saxophone and swift melodic changes; especially on the instrumental This Week's World Outlook. Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course....







5 comments:

radioshirley said...

lovely! I look forward to this! Thanks Donat.

oh for some Upsidedown House ... my ears cry out once more for a dose of 'Mauve Xylophone'

Donat Tahiraj said...

I have Mauve Xylophone - and yes, that's a good idea!

Bob, Brisbane, Australia said...

This sounds so good, how did I miss it, thanks Donat

sam said...

not sure if i've missed reference to this but am being asked for password to unzip?

TymexPyres said...

Oooo...been looking to hear this since I heard 'door' on the no night sweats blog....please re-up :D